What is included in my Retreat Yourself Ticket?
– A 4 day pass to Retreat Yourself Festival
– Cashless band
– Access to all entertainment including the roller disco, secret dance floor, stand up comedy and more
– Access to all yoga, pilates and movement classes
– Access to talks & workshops
– Access to art spaces and live art
– MTB and trail running routes (10km & 18km)
– Access to chill out spaces & the Market
– Access and use of the bring your own camping area (BYO). Please note that no vehicles are allowed in these campsites.
– Access and use of clean bathrooms and showers
– Secure parking (approximately 150 metres away from BYO camping area). Unfortunately, no cars are allowed in the festival and camping areas.
What is excluded from my Retreat Yourself Ticket?
– Food and drink (We have partnered with incredible food vendors offering a large variety of snacks, meals and beverages – please note we are a meat-free festival)
– Tickets to the Champagne Brunch & Banquet Dinner (tickets will be made available soon)
– Spa treatments (can be booked and paid for at the festival)
– Accommodation (besides BYO camping) options are not included in your festival ticket – See more about the accommodation on offer here – https://www.retreatyourself.co.za/accommodation/
– Vehicle Camping Pass – Limited Vehicle Camping Passes are available for guests with caravans, rooftop tents or those who wish to park next to their campsite.
What is the difference between the Super Early Bird, Early Bird and Festival Ticket?
What is included and excluded in your ticket remains the very same, the difference in name signifies the release date of the ticket, for example…
Super Early Bird Tickets – offers a special rate of R550 per ticket (normal price R850) as it is the first phase of tickets released. These tickets are a limited offer and available from 3 June 2019 until sold out. Super Early Bird Tickets awards a discount of R300 to those who purchase their ticket early.
Early Bird Tickets – offers a reduced rate of R700 per ticket (normal price R850). Early Bird Tickets award a discount of R150 to those who purchase their ticket early. This is the second phase of tickets released.
Standard Tickets – The third and final phase of tickets released, available at R850 per ticket and on offer until sold out.
Cashless Band & Top-ups
Retreat Yourself is cashless! You will receive your cashless wristband upon arrival at the festival. You’ll have the ability to top up your cashless wristband using cash or credit card at the event. However, no signal at the venue means that the number of credit card facilities will be limited – we recommend bringing cash.
If you haven’t already, preload your card now by logging in to your Howler account: http://www.howler.co.za (from 3 June 2019)
There is no reception, so can I use a debit/credit card to top up my cashless band?
Howler top-up stations will be accepting credit card and cash. However, no signal at the venue means that the number of credit card facilities will be limited – we recommend bringing cash.
I have rented a cottage/tent, how do I check in?
Our friendly staff at the RY festival entrance will check you in, assign you your room key/ tent number and ensure you know exactly where to find your comfy accommodation.
Should you be part of a group booking, please ensure the person checking in first can provide our door staff with the name, surname and ticket of the person who purchased the accommodation. This will allow a smooth check-in process. One key per room is available.
How do I find the venue?
Elandskloof Farm Cottages is an hour and a half drive from Cape Town (taking the N2). To find the venue with absolute ease please make use of this Google Maps link – http://bit.ly/RYHome or enter the GPS coordinates below
34° 02′ 31″ S, 19° 24′ 04.5″ E.
Please remember to download your tickets to your phone before entering the venue!
How do I buy a ticket?
Simply visit the RY Ticket Shop (from 3 June 2019)
You will then be directed to the Retreat Yourself ticket page where you can select your ticket, preferred accommodation type and any additional tickets you may wish to purchase.
Once you have done so and are happy with to move forward click the ‘Buy Now’ button and follow the prompts moving forward.
I’m having trouble purchasing a ticket, what do I do?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support, their helpful staff will tend to your query the very soonest possible.
How do I get involved?
If you are a practitioner, artist or vendor and would like to share your practice, skill or trade with us, please complete this form
(Applications close 25 November 2019. Places are limited)
If you’re interested in volunteering at Retreat Yourself please complete this form
(Applications close 25 January 2020. Places are limited)
For any other queries, please email email@example.com
Are children allowed and what provision has been made for them?
Retreat Yourself welcomes all ages. A number of kiddies activities will be available over the weekend. Kiddies yoga and an outdoor cinema will be available. Please remember that children are their parents/guardian’s responsibilities at all times.
Is there food and drink or must I bring my own?
We have partnered with only the very best vegan and vegetarian food vendors to bring you healthy and delicious treats for Retreat Yourself. Please keep in mind Retreat Yourself is a meat-free event.
A full bar will be available to over 18’s. Pop up juices, smoothies and coffee stations will be available throughout the festival.
Is there free water available?
There are numerous waterpoints marked and available to you to refill your water bottles and canisters.
With livestock production being one of the leading causes responsible for global greenhouse emissions and deforestation, Retreat Yourself is meat-free. Please support us as we take on this initiative in our efforts to provide an experience which is sustainable and truly free from violence. The market offers many delicious vegetarian and vegan options so if you are usually a meat eater, welcome in something different and explore some new food options.
What to bring: (the not-so-obvious stuff)
– A yoga mat or towel (There are mats on sale if you forget)
– A water bottle or canister (make use of one of our water points)
– Sunscreen, swimming costume & lilo
– A towel for showering and swimming
– Something bright and flashy for the Roller Disco
– Downloaded tickets (all accommodation, festival and add-on tickets)
– Cash for quick and easy Cashless Band top up (you can use your card, just keep in mind there is limited signal so it may take a bit longer)
– A torch for those midnight adventures (The festival paths are well lit, but come prepared for adventure)
– Something warm for the evenings
– MTB and Trail running shoes
I am camping, can I bring my own food?
Yes, you can bring your own food but unfortunately, no open fires are permitted due to safety reasons. Thank you for your understanding.
Are pets allowed?
Unfortunately, the venue does not allow pets on the farm due to past experiences and a noticeable loss of residential blue crane and wild duck.
Do you recycle?
Yes, we do. You will find bins placed throughout the village where your waste can be deposited. We have contracted a local supplier who then transports all waste in these bins to an on-site sorting bay where all the waste is properly sorted and all possible waste then recycled.
Can tickets be refunded?
Our festival, accommodation and add on tickets are final sale. Tickets can be resold and securely transferred through Howler. Please see how to here below.
Can I transfer my ticket to someone else?
Yes, should you wish to resell your ticket or gift a friend you can transfer the ticket into someone else’s name.
Simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your and contact details (name, surname, phone number and email address), the person’s contact details which you wish to transfer the ticket to, as well as a breakdown the ticket(s) purchase, their helpful staff will tend to your query the very soonest possible.